Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_TeamLab

TeamLab.com
TeamLab is a web 2.0 tool to collaborate in many different ways for project management and teamwork purposes. It has a community section with news, forums, blogs, photos, bookmarks and wikis, and a projects section with milestones, discussions, tasks, reports and statistics.
This website is really a conjunction of many different tools together, probably to be able to work with many different types of people (which are called employees in the tool) and seems very easy to use. It doesn't really ask for a lot of information and it's easy to setup with a few questions. The only disadvantages I can see are that it's a little thin, in other words, it could be a little more robust, also it doesn't exports to Microsoft Project, and I don't see gantt charts either. Otherwise, it is a great tool to communicate in many different ways, and it also gives you a website address you can share with other to collaborate as a community or in projects. Like I said before, I wouldn't recommend it for complicated critical projects.
Check my page there and let me know what you think.

http://dcheng.teamlab.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,
    I am actually going to address multiple posts you have made based off this original post. First, let me say congratulations on having TeamLab pick up your video. I watched it, and really enjoyed it, very creative and very well done. Now back to this blog post, it sounds like an interesting Web 2.0 tool, but you really seemed to pick up on what it was lacking. I am wondering is there any thing in particular that this really shines with this tool? Also do you think that this might work well for a small business or organization that just getting started and might be looking for a web based alternative to help cut down costs while they are getting on there feet?

    Karl Peterson

    ReplyDelete