Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BP9_Animoto

http://animoto.com/

I work in a media department that is not very interested in web 2.0 tools for the most part, mainly because in the video world (at least in the environment I'm in) it is always about the major brand name, whether it is Avid, Final Cut, Sorenson Squeeze or other video software. Even though I find good use for a lot of web 2.0 tools, they are rejected when there is no well known brand name attached to it. But one product that has shined through is Animoto.com. We use it mostly to process pictures and small clips for further editing, but the program is fun, and it has obvious uses for education. It can take pictures, small clips and music and put them in a way that is fun and wows the senses. I've been using it for years and always go back to it for quick fun video pieces. And it can be put in Facebook and there is an iPhone app also. Unfortunately the good options in this web 2.0 program are not free, the pro license is $250 per year, but there is an educational license that seems free, but I couldn't find any more information. Below I included a demo clip of what I mean. This video was used in a opening of the school year video.



I know that I might be in a disadvantage for being in an educational degree when I'm in education because I work in an educational institution, but I try my best to understand everyone's point of view in their respective situations. I hope you check Animoto out and see if it will help you in your class or corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment