Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wk1-1 DB Quickies: DIY Classroom/Presentation Solutions

Copy from Discussion page

I’ve never taught in front of a classroom (other than in the military to fellow soldiers) so I don’t have any moments in which I had a problem with AV (audio/video equipment). But I did a short internship in which I had to check all the AV in a community college, and we always had to setup the ELMOs and projectors for the professors. Many times, the filters got clogged in the projectors, and one time the bulb went out and I had to wait in the middle of a class until it was cool enough to change (I still got a little burned). The ELMOs were better behaved and we had very few problems with them. There were smartboards also, but as long as the cables were good, they were ok. I have some training and certifications to handle these equipments, so if I would ever teach in front of a classroom, I have the confidence to fix the issue right away. But who knows, I’m sure there will be a new technology that I won’t know how to fix, but if I have access to their technical manuals, then it’s a matter of finding the time in the classroom…

No comments:

Post a Comment