Friday, May 27, 2011

Wk4 Publishing Leadership Project, Intro 1 of 2

I thought for a while if to publish or present my research. At first I wanted to get published, but looking at my research goals, it seems that what I want to do is to help further validate the purpose of instructional design, and I decided to make a presentation. This might sound as a given but in my workplace and in many other places, faculty staff question the existence of instructional designers and excuse it as a way to cut expenditures just because they want more control of their hybrid and online courses. I think a presentation has a much better chance to put people in action, and to find solutions quicker. I would record my presentation (I will try as much as I can to make that happen) and take it to other places and I would place it online and distribute the link to as many places (that would benefit from what I have to say) as I could. I would like to do my presentation here http://www.qmprogram.org/3rd-annual-conference-2011 but I might be already late for this year (deadline is June 10). I'm not a good presenter, so I would have to practice a LOT, and even though English is my first language, I've spoken Spanish for so long that I have an accent, and I also get anxious while talking to a crowd. I'm still improving this presentation but you can check it here. If anyone has any questions, you can leave me a comment, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment