Friday, May 27, 2011

Wk4 Reading: Blog Post to Brenda McGee

Post to Brenda

I really like your two points, Thinking on what we can do something about, and to remember that the plural is stronger than the singular. Our perceptions are many times the main source of our pains (other than physical pain), and when we think we have been wronged, we in a sense self inflict pain to ourselves, many times without checking the veracity of those perceptions. This can lead to rancor and other feeling that may be wrongfully placed on others, specially loved ones. I've felt both sides of that coin and I have also vowed to never let my perceptions control my life. One thing that I always think about is how we as a species are very interconnected to each other, even akin to how ants or bees are. Once we forget how our decisions or lack of them affect everyone around us, we begin to accumulate a sort of mass hurt, or negative feelings that spread like a disease. I've seen people even hurt themselves after a long road of blocking themselves from others. We are complete social creatures and as such, we have to acknowledge the existence of others, and even check on what we do, as to not hurt or offend someone else, then we can have a better more peaceful life...

No comments:

Post a Comment