Friday, May 13, 2011

Wk2-1 DB Quickies: CD Ownership, Music Sharing or Spontaneous Listening

Copy from discussion post

I used to have CD’s while in the military, but they would get stolen all the time. Once, even customs stole a CD collection I had. Since then I just stopped buying CDs. After deciding on my media and communications career, I just stopped listening to music for recreation altogether. I sometimes listened to over 400 clips a day, making decisions if to use any or not, and eventually, I would prefer to listen to podcasts or news rather than music. I only have the music I have made for my videos in my iTunes library (and they’re only there for iMovie). I have an iTouch that only has apps and podcasts, mostly video ones. When other people listen to music, even to songs that I used to listen to, I tune them out and try to strike a conversation, or leave. I do recognize most songs I hear, and know their tunes. Maybe someday I’ll listen to music, but not at the moment. I have a commercial license for SonicFire Pro with over a hundred fifty albums (don’t ask how much this cost, but let’s say I could buy a nice car with the value of this collection), and it’s my music of choice (to work with, not to listen). I’m excited to hear that finally there is an upgrade for Adobe Audition, mostly to make some mixes that would be too hard to do with Garageband. Well, that’s my story with CDs and music. Hope to hear from you guys…

No comments:

Post a Comment