Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wk3 Reading: Blog Post to Lionel Jacques

From Lionel
There was more great info – or I should say reminders – in this weeks reading.  I am still enjoying the book and the stories shared within but this week found more of other inspirational and guide books sort of “wrapped up” in the book.  Not that the message isn’t good or a different take on it – just that there is an echo of those other books within this ones message.
...
Chapter 6 is a delightful reminder that we can have fun at our job and in our lives and that will lead to a richer return.  Prepare yourself for the role you have in your classroom of course, but don’t forget to enjoy the experience and make it your own.  Laughing and letting go of the minutia to see the overall picture is a better option for our lives and increases the impact to those around us.
...

I liked the way you explained the different chapters for your own life. But when I read your chapter 6 interpretation, I couldn't resist to say that sometimes, to have fun, you have to change your focus elsewhere. Of course it would be a little different for a teacher, because that would mean abandoning the students, and I'm not advocating that. But there are work environments that have the air of terror, and having fun in those places is a sure way to lose your job. Maybe the fact that, with certain constraints, a teacher could have all the fun they can muster in their classroom; I would feel a little envious of that. I don't have a good memory of my teachers in 1-12 (I never went to kindergartner) and I don't remember having much fun (I was the geek in class). But now looking back I could say that I can laugh at those experiences and be a little less serious with myself, but outside of work...

No comments:

Post a Comment