Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wk3 Wimba Session: Art of Possibility

There are so many things to say about this book, and about the comments of my classmates that I'm not sure where to begin. I did attend for at least half of the Wimba this time, even though it was hard to answer some of the question that came up. The book does have a certain feel like "voices" or "flashbacks" from the past, appearing again to help you find your way. In the Wimba, it was mentioned that change is good and that we shouldn't become the "veterans." But there are educational workplaces that are experiencing a lot of change, and when a "veteran" disappears, everyone suffers for it. I haven't given up, and I feel possibility within me, but I can see when that possibility disappears from the workplace.
I wish there was a chapter about revitalizing the workplace and its employees, including the ones that would never read the book, or that are prideful. Instead of possibility, I think humility is even more important in certain situations. There are a couple of chapters that I liked, specially "Being a Contribution" and "Rule Number 6." I always feel as a contribution to others, and I always feel that I get too serious, and have to tone it down. I could say that these could be life goals.
I have a small support system at work, but it's mostly shoulders to cry on. And I have only found a very limited system with my classmates, as I sometimes feel like we are worlds apart, and most don't ever check my posts. I try my best to stay positive and helpful, but it's hard when some individuals don't acknowledge your existence. I'll go on and look for possibilities where I can find them, and think on the ones they just missed...

No comments:

Post a Comment