Friday, May 13, 2011

Wk2 Reading: Blog Post to Ann Cannizzaro

To Ann

I know very well what you mean by approval ratings. As a geek since time immemorial (I'm almost a nerd, but I talk to too many people), I have always struggled with those that just think of the "simpler" things in life. I love your flock of words by the way. I usually raise my hand in work meetings (me being the only one that does so), so permissions, and my inability to follow the norms of a group are a constant reminder of being positive about myself and not let others views of me cloud my personal truth about myself (...too many mes in that sentence).
I think that as long as we discover ourselves, and understand our own "game", we don't really have to revisit our ways, as they will always be correct. I do understand about a "migratory" way of dealing with situations, but it seems to me that you mean by that word that you return eventually to old ways of thinking, as migratory refers to going somewhere to then coming back. I have never gone back in any of my ways of being, I always modify myself and go with it, winging it if I have to. To go back for me is to be defeated, to have my time wasted by those experiences I had after the change. Let's put it this way, if you went 15 years to your past and talked to yourself (and this you couldn't recognize you), what would you talk about? Would you like to talk to your younger self even? That's a key to self-analysis and about being a gift to everyone you meet...

No comments:

Post a Comment