Friday, May 27, 2011

Wk4-1 DB Quickies: my dream teaching/presentation environment

Copy from post

It is a little hard to think where I would like to present, as I’m really bad in front of people. I get anxious quickly, specially in smaller crowds (if that makes sense). I would think that presenting in a TED conference would be a dream, but with the pressure that type of venue gives, I’m not sure I would make it alive. I’m only able to present things in front of a camera by repetition and familiarization. But I think I would be most comfortable with a theater setting, with strong lights that blank out the audience. I have been on stage in theater and it is not the same as presenting at all. You pretend to be someone else, with a few rehearsed lines, and you only have to convince yourself (and fellow actors if any) about your performance. This probably doesn’t sounds right to most, but you only need to convince yourself while on stage. I would probably pretend to be a great speaker and say his lines… That’s probably the only way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment